Plantronics U10 Direct Cable – 26716-01:
U10 cable (# 26716-01) is used as a Cisco IP Direct Connect Cable which connects an H-series headset into a compatible phone.
It is also the coiled cable included with the Plantronics M-series amplifiers that a headset plugs into.
TECH TIP: Cord stretches to give approximately 10 feet of length
TECH TIP: The plastic modular clip on the end of the cable is clear
Plantronics U10 Direct Cable – 26716-01
Compatible with: M10, MX10, M12, M22 and Cisco IP Compatible Telephones
Understanding Direct Connect Cables vs. Amplifiers:
When using any H-series headset, a Direct Connect Cable or amplifier is required to plug in between your headset and phone. Using a Direct Connect Cable will save you money versus an amplifier, but an amplifier will provide optimum sound quality and volume controls.
Direct Connect Cable:
- Less expensive
- Easy to install into headset port
- Takes up virtually no desk space
- Limited to use with compatible phones only (Your future phone may not be compatible and require an amplifier)
Amplifier: (Plantronics M22)
- Compatible with most phones
- Battery or AC powered to provide optimal sound quality
- Speaker volume adjustment
- Microphone volume adjustment (Key point that Direct Connect Cable doesn’t have)
- Lifting handset with each call may be required, depending on your phone
Compatible with HW520, HW720 and Y-cable